Monday, January 9, 2012

Surrender Dorothy...

There are a lot of inspiring, motivational blogs out there written by brave people battling serious, life-threatening illnesses. People who face life without complaint, with saint-like resolve.

This is not one of those blogs. I am not one of those people.

I was conked on the head minding my own business eight weeks ago and have been complaining about it ever since. But when not complaining, I keep having flashes that this happened for a reason. And I'm determined to find out why.

I'm someone who likes to believe that everything happens for a reason. Otherwise, how can you explain a lot of the really awful things that happen in the world, like how Snooki makes millions of dollars a year. Or seriously, really terrible things that defy explanation, like that woman who was crushed on the elevator in NYC on the way to work, or how the woman in CT lost her parents and daughters in that awful house fire.

I know that this irritation has been brought to me for a reason, and I'm determined to figure it out. Hence this space, which will mostly be filled with complaints, but perhaps between the bitches and moans, I might just hit on something. And as long as it doesn't hit me in the head, I should be fine.

I invite you along for the ride...

No comments:

Post a Comment